Nov 9, 2012
The Center for Strategic Analysis with the support of the Embassy of Poland in Armenia holds a roundtable discussion “The Elections in Georgia and its Implications for the Region.” Among the participants were leading Armenian political scientists, historians, military experts, economists, and journalists. George Tarkhan-Mouravi, co-Director of the Institute for Policy Studies, introduced the developments in Georgia after the parliamentary elections and analyzed some political trends in the state and in the region.
The experts discussed internal processes in Georgia, the developments in bilateral Georgian-Russian relations, and their influence upon the regional security.
After the discussion there was a presentation of the fifth volume of the anthology “Regional Security Studies,” recently published by the Center for Strategic Analysis.
The event received broad media coverage:
The Program of the event
THE ELECTIONS IN GEORGIA AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR THE REGION
Nov 9, 2012
Yerevan, “Congress Hotel”
9.45 – 10.00 Registration
10.00 -10.05 Introductory Remarks
Dr. Gayane Novikova, Director of the Center for Strategic Analysis
10.05 – 11.30
Moderator: Dr. Gayane Novikova, Director of the Center for Strategic Analysis
List of Participants:
- Laura Baghdasaryan, Director of the Center “The Region”;
- Dr. Pavel Chobanyan, Deputy Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies;
- Dr. Stephan Grigorian, Director of the Analytical Center for Globalization and Regional Cooperation;
- Dr. MG Hayk Kotanjian, Head of the National Institute of the Strategic Studies under the MoD of Armenia;
- Dr. Gayane Novikova, Director of Center for Strategic Analysis;
- Dr. Prof. Rouben Safrastyan, Corresponding Member of Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies
- LTC (ret.) Sergey Sargsyan, Deputy Director of the Center for Political Studies at “Noravank” Foundation;
- Dr. Davit Shahnazarian, Head of Concord Centre of Political and Legal Studies;
- Dr. George Tarkhan-Mouravi, Director of the Institute for Policy Studies, Tbilisi;
- Dr. Armen Yeghiazaryan, Head of National Centre for Legislative Regulation
11.30 – 12.00 Coffee-break.
12.00 – 13.00 Presentation of the anthology “Regional Security Studies: 2011” (Yerevan, the Center for Strategic Analysis, 2012)
Dr. Gayane Novikova
Mr. Zdzislaw Raczynski, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Poland in Armenia
Remarks of the authors.